List:       samba
Subject:    Re: [Samba] ipv6 with Samba-AD-DC?
From:       Björn_JACKE_via_samba <samba () lists ! samba ! org>
Date:       2024-02-21 20:31:18

On 2024-02-16 at 09:53 +0000 Rowland Penny via samba sent off:
> That isn't strictly true, It isn't that I believe that you shouldn't
> use IPv6 internally, I just don't see the point in it, unless you have
> over 16 million network clients and who has that many ?
> Just because something nice and shiny comes along, it doesn't mean you
> have to use it internally, though you should probably have the option.

if you access your servers also via VPN you will easily see network clashes
between public networks and your internal networks. This alone is a very go=
od
reason to prefer to use IPv6 "internally".

Best regards
Bj=F6rn
-- =

SerNet GmbH - Bahnhofsallee 1b - 37081 G=F6ttingen
phone: +495513700000  mailto:contact@sernet.com
AG G=F6ttingen: HR-B 2816 - https://www.sernet.com
Manag. Directors Johannes Loxen and Reinhild Jung
data privacy policy https://www.sernet.de/privacy

Free SAMBA+ AIX webinars:           https://samba.plus/webinars

Learn more about SAMBA+ on YouTube: https://samba.plus/youtube

-- =