List:       samba
Subject:    Re: [Samba] How to avoid CIFS timeout?
From:       "Wang, Zhiye via samba" <samba () lists ! samba ! org>
Date:       2016-12-25 12:23:07

This is not about CIFS performance. It's actually the underlying storage cannot \
response in time sometimes. Improving underlying storage performance is out of my \
control.

On the other hand, I wonder if this option "async smb echo handler" really work at \
all. It seems the echo handler process has no network connection with client, instead \
of, it gets request from a pipe linked to the FS service process. So, if FS service \
process gets hang on open/read/write/close, the echo handler process has no chance to \
serve echo request from client. Is that true?

Another point, it seems smbd is a single thread application (as of 4.x). Is there a \
multithread version?

Thanks
Mike