List:       samba
Subject:    Re: [Samba] require_membership_of being ignored?
From:       "Peter Capazzi" <pcapazzi () dwcsolutions ! com>
Date:       2008-01-31 20:20:34

I'm running into the same issue that Mike posted about.

I've got authentication working as well as the auto creation of home
directories. The problem is anybody that has a valid domain account can
come in regardless of group.

I'm running SuSE
The require_membership_of parameter supposed to be in the auth section
right?

The common-auth file I have is:
auth    required        pam_env.so
auth    sufficient      pam_unix2.so
auth    required        pam_winbind.so use_first_pass
require_membership_of=DOMAINNAME\groupname

I've tried with an account that is explicitly outside of the group and
that users account is allowed in.