List:       rxtx
Subject:    [Rxtx] =?utf-8?q?Loading_issues?=
From:       "=?utf-8?B?aG93YXJkekBob3dhcmR6LmNvbQ==?=" <howardz () howardz ! com>
Date:       2012-06-18 4:34:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

I don't quite understand all the crying over loading the correct rxtx binary library \
for the appropriate os.

I don't mean to belittle anyone's problems, but everyone very easily figured it out \
years ago.

I have some open source code somewhere that handles it very ellagently.  The author's \
later version became more difficult to understand, so I used his older version and \
modified as needed.  Basically I distributed my software with a subdirectory with all \
the rxtx libraries for all the operating systems, and thus thus code would check the \
os and 32/64 bit and select the right lib to use.

Of course, I have been using purejavacomm for at least a year and never need to \
concern myself about it anymore.  If someone wants the code, email me, as I should be \
able to find it.

When I used to use rxtx, I built it with NetBeans, and modified it to not open every \
Windows com port.  Doing that raised rts in every com port, and for amateur radio \
applications that causes radios to start transmitting.

Anyways, for me purejavacomm fulfilled all my java com port programming needs.  The \
only limitation I am aware of is a 19200 baud throughput limit.  The baud rate can be \
much higher but one will nit get the higher speed throughput.

Regards,

Howard