List:       rxtx
Subject:    [Rxtx] Windows Vista Port Listing
From:       Freddy Shimabukuro <fred_sh () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2010-01-23 16:30:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello everyone again. I'm still having a port listing issue using Windows Vista. A \
brief to what I had in the past and what I need now is as following:

Scenario A

- Windows XP

- Virtual Printer to LPT1 port

- Disabled LPT1 port via Device Manager Configuration

- RXTX maps and prints through it

Scenario B

- Windows Vista

- Virtual Printer to LPT1 port

- Disabled LPT1 port via Device Manager Configuration

-  RXTX DOES NOT MAP LPT1 PORT, raising a NoSuchPortException

Scenario C

- Windows Vista

- Virtual Printer to LPT1 port

- Enabled LPT1 port

-  RXTX MAPS LPT1 PORT, but it raises an IOException, indicating that the printer has \
no paper (which is false)

I would that at least one scenario using Windows Vista would work. Anyone has any \
advice??

Thankful in advance.

Freddy Shimabukuro

http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx