List:       rxtx
Subject:    [Rxtx] RXTX License link.
From:       Trent Jarvi <tjarvi () qbang ! org>
Date:       2007-04-26 3:36:28

This should be old news for everyone now but we need to have a formal URL
for the RXTX license groups can link.

For those needing to link to the RXTX license we discussed, the license is
now on rxtx.org and may be linked as follows:

http://www.rxtx.org/license.html

While it is possible to link to the same file in other ways, the above is
all that will be maintained in the case that the project moves to a new
server.

In short, the license is the LGPL v2.1 with an addition to make implied
rights explicit using GNU suggested syntax as the template while modifying it to
account for the fact that the library has Java code..  The changes have
been discussed on the mail-list and are in the archives.  No changes have
been made since the discussion - in fact I pulled the text from the mail
archives.

Combined, this is now version 2.1 of "the RXTX license" and future
modifications will have a new version if required.

I will be submitting changes to CVS to fix all of the source files and
documentation to reflect this shortly.

--
Trent Jarvi
tjarvi@qbang.org