List:       rxtx
Subject:    [Rxtx] rxtx issues
From:       "Dr. Douglas Lyon" <lyon () docjava ! com>
Date:       2007-04-03 14:48:51

Hi All,
Marco and I are working on getting
RXTX to properly function on a MIPS/ARM system
in an ASUS router running the openwrt OS.

The crosscompilation produces a library that we can load but are unable to
link.

>Here is the code:
>public class AbsoluteSerialLoader {
>      public static void main(String[] args) throws
>IllegalAccessException, Instan
>tiationException {
>          System.out.println("NativeLib test:");
>
>          System.loadLibrary("rxtxSerial");
>          System.out.println("rxtxSerial loaded!");
>          Class aClass = gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver.class;
>          System.out.println("good, we got the class! ");
>          CommDriver RXTXDriver = (CommDriver) aClass.newInstance();
>          System.out.println("initialize is being called:");
>          RXTXDriver.initialize();
>          System.out.println("initialized rxtx!");
>      }
>}
>We never loaded:
>   Class aClass = gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver.class;
          System.out.println("good, we got the class! ");

The output is:
>NativeLib test:
>rxtxSerial loaded!
>[verbose jni: Unable to link native method
>Java_gnu_io_RXTXVersion_nativeGetVersion]
>[verbose jni: Unable to link native method
>Java_gnu_io_RXTXCommDriver_nativeGetVersion]
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Java_gnu_io_RXTXCommDriver_nativeGetVersion__

My take on this is that we have a library load but that the linking phase
is somehow not working properly.

Is there someone on this list with RXTX/ARM experience that has a good
config for cross compilation?
I am Compiling on Fedora 6/x86 but want to target the ARM/OpenWRT
with sablevm (i.e. jdk1.4 bytecodes).

Thanks!
  - Doug