List:       rxtx
Subject:    RE: [Rxtx] rxtxwin32
From:       "Ricardo Trindade" <ricardo.trindade () emation ! pt>
Date:       2003-08-25 9:26:50

I guess a good place to start is to clear up some confusion on my part.
Are we talking about enableReceiveFraming( int frammingByte )?

R:I do no think this is what is needed. A higher level api would be needed,
in wich the application programmer could give rxtx a method to determine
wether the terminating character has been reached.

But you would like this to perhaps happen on write()?  Maybe:

	write( ..., int frammingByte ); ?

R: I don't think it's essential to do it on write, because the application
programmer knows how many bytes he needs to write, and therefore can give
that info to write. Perhaps people with different requirements could add
extra feedback here.