List:       rwhois
Subject:    Re: Couple of questions
From:       hostmaster () arin ! net
Date:       2004-01-29 15:58:10

Hello,

Jamie writes:

> I'm in the process of switching over to using rwhois.  In the past we
> have maintained our information with ARIN through SWIP.

> Once I bring the rwhois server up and register it with ARIN, will I need
> to unSWIP all of my existing entries in their database?

> How are reallocations handled?  It appears, for a reallocation I will
> need to SWIP those records with ARIN if my customer is not using rwhois
> (which I believe will allow them to maintain their blocks via SWIP).
> Can someone verify that is the correct thing to do?

When your RWHOIS server is running and publicly accessible, you can send
hostmaster@arin.net a note asking for the bulk deletion of all
reassignments for specific blocks. (Please ensure you send the request
from the AdminPOC or TechPOC of your OrgID!)

If your organization has reassigned blocks delegating in-addr.arpa to your
customers' nameservers, or you have reallocated blocks so your customers
can SWIP downstream, ARIN can retain those records and remove all other
reassignments -- you just have to tell us in your request to do so. (If
you are unsure if such reassignments exist, ask us and we'll be happy to
provide to you a report detailing any reallocated blocks or any reassigned
blocks with in-addr.arpa delegations!)

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns, please do not
hesitate to reply to this e-mail or contact the ARIN Registration Services
Helpdesk via hostmaster@arin.net or via phone at +1 (703) 227-0660.

Regards,

Registration Services Department,