List:       rwhois
Subject:    couldn't open config file "rwhoisd.conf"
From:       "s x" <sxrwhois () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-10-29 3:28:44

Hi, Everyone:

I am trying to set up a rwhois server. After I started, downloaded, unziped,
installed, configured, and tested , it seemed to be working fine. I mean I
could do " telnet localhost 4321" and run -xfer ...".

However, for some reason, it doesn't work now. When I run "telnet localhost
4321", it says "connection refused". When I get into /usr/local/rwhoisd/etc,
and run ./rwhoisd stop and ./rwhoisd start, it says "Could not open config
file "rwhoisd.conf": No such file or directory. In fact, the rwhoisd.conf is
in the /usr/local/rwhoisd.

Please help, what could be wrong? and how can I troubleshoot?

PS: on the BSDI platform.

Thanks

Shawn