List:       rwhois
Subject:    Re: -forward not working properly?
From:       Mark Kosters <markk () netsol ! com>
Date:       2000-01-21 4:48:09

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 02:44:51PM -0500, Scott Williamson wrote:
> Having been involved with Mark on the original implementation I can confirm
> that we built the server and client in a way that would allow the server to
> call the client and pass back the result. I realize that the code has
> evolved some with David working on it, but I can't imagine that it would be
> that difficult to implement. I guess if it takes too long to make the change
> we'll have to consider a Two5 version of the RWhois server. :-)

Yes it did work in early versions of the 1.0 implementation. Guess it
did not cross the transom in 1.5.

I hope tha Two5 comes out with their version or a improved version of
the current NSI implementation. That would be cool as is the work that
ISI is doing.

Later,
Mark

PS. We have a demo rwhois server working off of the nsi registry
data. It is currently at regy.rwhois.net on port 4321 and has been clocked
at 40 queries per second. David has working client code that he should be
releasing soon as well.