List:       rwhois
Subject:    Re: rwhois v1.5 on hpux 10.10
From:       David Blacka <davidb () rwhois ! net>
Date:       1998-03-06 14:25:43

>>>>> "John" == John Duban <jduban@area4.k12.il.us> writes:

 John> Has anyone built this package on hpux 10.10?  I've been given
 John> the task of setting up the server on a OS that I'm just
 John> learning and would appreciate any help that you could offer.

 John>   The compilation aborts during the compilation of the files in
 John> the server directory with the message listed below.

 John> 	making all in server

 John> 	[ snip ...]

 John> 	collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
 John> 	/usr/ccs/bin/ld:  Unsatisfied symbols:
 John> 		setlinebuf (code)
 John> 	*** Error exit code 1

Hmm.  In what library is the setlinebuf function on HP-UX?  Perhaps I
should test for it in the autoconf stuff.

 John> Additionally, the log file indicates that ld can not find the
 John> following libraries: nsl, resolv, socket, inet and dir.

That is normal for systems without these libraries.

--
David Blacka      Product Development  Network Solutions, Inc.
Software Engineer                      davidb@rwhois.net