List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Reading information on a serial-port
From:       Jérémy Seban <jeremy () seban ! eu>
Date:       2017-02-14 9:48:02

Hello,

I'm currently working on a script that reads the content on a serial
port. I need to read using the following logic :
 - I start to read
 - I read and skip every char until a \u0002 is available
 - I read everything and store until a \u0003 is here

I have implemented it in ruby this way : http://pastebin.com/2ihMeXeE

Is the way I'm doing it a good one ? I have this feeling I can do it
in a better way (not with the is_reading bool that sounds clearly a
bad way to do it).

Thank you !
Jérémy