List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: OpenStreetMap Blogs (blogs.osm.org) Moved from Python to Ruby ; -)
From:       Gerald Bauer <gerald.bauer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-02-11 8:36:06

Hello,

>>    Uranus -> https://www.guelkerdev.de/projects/uranus

> Heh. Apologies to you, Gerald, that I wrote Uranus rather than utilising
> Pluto, but I had the feeling that the task of collecting some feeds can
> be achieved with just Ruby's stdlib. Thus, it has no dependencies other
> than Ruby itself, which should make it pretty portable. Pluto has
> probably more features than Uranus, but I think Uranus is easier to
> manage.

  No need to apologize. I didn't use Planet Planet (in Python) or the
Planet Mars (in Ruby) either ;-)   I wanted everything stored in a
single-file SQLite database (zero-config) and prefer ERB (embedded
Ruby) for templates (instead of XSL/T and friends).

   Great idea just using a script for Uranus with no dependencies.
Easy to setup and change. Keep it up. And thanks for putting together
the Ruby Blogs (Deutsch) Planet [1].

 Cheers.

[1] http://planet.ruby-portal.de