List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: SSHSocket Implementation
From:       Bar Hofesh <bar.hofesh () safe-t ! com>
Date:       2014-11-21 14:38:32

  <head>
  </head>
    bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    I know it's going to be complicated, sadly I don't have a choice as
    I need it for a project I'm doing, I thought about using Fiddle with
    libssh, but after playing with that I think the best solution is, as
    you said, use the skeleton work from net-ssh and creating a listener
    from that.<br>
    I don't think its going to be more complicated to "pull off" then
    PKI which is much more complicated but is very well implemented
    using openssl, It's very weird for me that nothing like that has
    been done before as SSH is very common especially on Linux.<br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CA+=tguySDLN+MNSAmEEVu9D=Yy2R57qKP4_L8hWS5TFLFSWNDg@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
      The last time I looked a couple years ago, there was no server
      implementation like what you describe for Ruby. However, net-ssh
      seemed to have the bones upon which to start such a project. It
      would be a good place to start with learning the complexities
      involved in any case since SSH is fairly complicated to implement.<br>
        &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="mailto:bar.hofesh@safe-t.com">bar.hofesh@safe-t.com</a>&gt;
        wrote:<br>
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
              face="Tahoma">Hi, <br>
              I've spent have few days looking around for some form of
              an generic SSH based socket for Server side listener.<br>
              After I didn't find any, nor in any gems,libs,etc.., I
              decided to create a gem exactly for that, to implement the
              SSH RFC in an easy to use way as much as possible, very
              like the SSLSocket class.<br>
              Before I begin in this long and complicated project I want
              to assure I didn't miss any thing that you think already
              answer to those needs as I don't want to waste time doing
              an already done job.<br>
              So, my question is, does anyone knows about a
              class,lib,gem or any other pure ruby implementation for
              this protocol (server side) ? <br>
              Thanks,<br>