List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Autoindentation not working in IRB
From:       Alejandro Exojo <suy () badopi ! org>
Date:       2014-11-05 18:12:46

El Wednesday 05 November 2014, Arup Rakshit escribió:
> You can see indentation working in one direction only. Is there any other
> settings to get the intended behavior ? I found this settings from
> official  documentation -

If by "in one direction" you mean that once you add "end" and press return the
line is not automatically one level of indentation less, then I guess you
might be confusing the behaviour from pry's:

$ irb
>> def foo
>>   "bar"
>>   end
=> nil

$ pry
[1] pry(main)> def foo
[1] pry(main)*   "bar"
[1] pry(main)* end
=> nil
[2] pry(main)>

I didn't type any indentation in either case. Pry even colorizes the lines
after you typed them.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2