List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: how to know a search result is successfully displayed through its
From:       Fan Jin <jeff_yq () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2010-12-22 2:02:53

Jeremy Bopp wrote in post #969808:
> On 12/21/2010 01:24 AM, Fan Jin wrote:
>> I am working on a project where need to search a keyword by using simple
>> search. Once you type a keyword in the search field, the "submit" button
>> is clicked, then the matched search result is returned. Who can tell me
>> how can I get the time of response for that event?  Thanks:>
>
> This seems to be basically the same question you asked a couple days
> ago.  If you describe what you're doing in more detail, you will likely
> get more help.  For instance, what library are you using to carry out
> this operation?  Are you using Watir?
>
> -Jeremy

Yes, the library I am using here is watir, but the two times which I
caught from click and result return are properly not right, they are
identical even the interface's response time is longer than 2s.
The method I used here was ping the HTTP server, once the result was
returned, the happened time was caught.
Need your more help, thanks :>