List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    ssl session shutdown
From:       Nicolas Martyanoff <khaelin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-27 16:50:21

Hi,

I have a ruby program which may reload itself with Kernel#exec. Since exec
doesn't close file descriptors, I'm able to keep the socket I use. One of
these sockets uses SSL, with the openssl module.

I need to shutdown the SSL session before running exec, then restart it. In C,
this is done with:

    SSL_set_read_ahead(ssl, 0);
    SSL_shutdown(ssl);
    SSL_shutdown(ssl); /* For bidirectional shutdown, man SSL_shutdown */

I looked at the openssl library code, and it seens that neither SSL_shutdown
nor SSL_set_read_ahead are binded.

Is there another way to stop the SSL session in ruby ?

Thank you.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Martyanoff