List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Exact (LISP-ish) calculations in Ruby?
From:       David Masover <ninja () slaphack ! com>
Date:       2009-11-21 18:01:01

On Friday 20 November 2009 05:10:45 pm Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> On Nov 20, 7:11 pm, David Masover <ni...@slaphack.com> wrote:
> > If anyone actually wants this code, I'll throw it on github.
>
> Yes please!

Done:

http://github.com/masover/math

Unfortunately, github stopped doing gems, and I'm not up on this gemcutter
stuff. (Get off my lawn!) I'm also not nearly confident enough in my choice of a
name to publish anything. It's probably most useful if you look at HEAD^,
where I had everything set up with relative requires, instead of a gem.

> > The main reason I haven't is that I've got to be reinventing like
> > five wheels here.
>
> Er... seen the number of testing frameworks lately? ;)

Most of them at least have a legitimate reason for being -- something they
claim to do better than the existing frameworks.

I simply have no clue about any existing Ruby implementations of this.

I'm also somewhat ashamed at the quality of this code. Not a test to be found!
How can I call myself a Rubyist? My only excuse for this is that I've been
using it so much interactively that it's all probably pretty well tested. But
since I have no tests/specs and no documentation, good luck...