List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Exact (LISP-ish) calculations in Ruby?
From:       "Florian Frank" <flori () ping ! de>
Date:       2009-11-19 19:14:55

Aldric Giacomoni wrote:
> Florian Frank wrote:
>
>> I had to implement them for my bullshit library (which has grown to
>> include half a math library by now, ugh):
>> http://github.com/flori/bullshit/blob/master/lib/bullshit.rb#L20
>>

> Wow, massive amount of work you did there. Pretty cool coding, too. I
> may just have to shamelessly steal some of these :)

Oh, thanks. I have considered pulling some of the math stuff out of the
library and putting it in an extra gem. There are some algorithms in
there, that could benefit from being being transformed into a c
extension as well. On the other hand I was pretty surprised how well
Ruby did on the numerical stuff and also how much better Ruby 1.9 was on
the algorithms that iterate a lot.

--
Florian Frank