List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: rdoc
From:       Glenn Jackman <glennj () ncf ! ca>
Date:       2009-09-30 15:55:08

At 2009-09-30 11:33AM, "Martin Gütlein" wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  Is there a way to specify the return value of a method in rdoc?
>
>  I would like my rdoc documentation to look like the ruby-core-api:
>  "method_name(param1, param2) => return_value"
>
>  Thanks for helping

Use the "call-seq:" directive

    # ... comments about this method ...
    #
    # call-seq:
    #   method_name(param1, param2) => return_value
    #
    def method_name(first_param, second_param)

Note the parameter names in the call-seq don't have to match what you
actually use in your code.

--
Glenn Jackman
    Write a wise saying and your name will live forever. -- Anonymous