List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Roguelike project?
From:       Nit Khair <sentinel.2001 () gmx ! com>
Date:       2008-10-31 18:20:36

Michael Fellinger wrote:
> http://github.com/manveru/ver/tree/master/lib/ver/keymap.rb
> but that's a lot more complicated, building a tree structure and
> descends down into it until a matching keybinding is found. that
> allows emacs-like keybindings like [C-x C-c].

I am interested in doing key mappings like Vi and emacs. Did look
through the code a bit
.
Could you tell me in brief how you map something like C-x C-c.

1. Do you use some ncurses feature like waiting / delay for another key.

2. Or when C-x is pressed, you check your structure to see if its
mapped, and if there's something more like a C-c, then you wait more.

3. something else. Like after the C-x you do another getch() for the
next character.

Have you faced problems handling Alt-keys ? Do you find that 2 key codes
are generated (I am on a mac, btw.). I am fine with F1 etc using
TERM=screen.