List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    compiling "pure" ruby + installing gpref for msys
From:       Gog Mangog <mangog () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-05-31 8:58:51

Hey guys,

it's my first post and I hope I put it in the right category.

1)

Background: I'm experimenting a little bit with Ruby. I wanted to
compile Ruby only with the only needed libs. So that the compiled Ruby
only would have the primitive data types (including object, string etc)
with only a few operations on these data types. No libs etc. shall be in
the compiled Ruby.

Problem: I don't know where to configure the source. (looked into
mkconfig.rb, extmk.rb ...) Can anyone of you tell me how to configure
this "pure" Ruby?

2)

Background: I had a look at the file "keywords" where the keywords like
"while", "do" etc. are defined. I just wanted to add another keyword
(just for experimentation purpose). Therefore gpref is needed.

Problem: I'm using msys combined with mingw to compile Ruby. I don't
know how to "implement" gpref into msys. Does anyone know how to do it?

Thank you for reading this topic. Possibly someone can help me with my
problems.

Bye gogmangog