List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: rexml to slow
From:       Bu Mihai <mihai.bulhac () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-03-31 16:36:36

Robert Klemme wrote:
> 2008/3/31, Marc Heiler <shevegen@linuxmail.org>:
>> I believe the core problem is that XML itself is pretty sub-optimal for
>>  almost everything ;)
>
> As always, there are problems where this tool (XML) is suited good,
> less good and not at all.
>
>>  Is anyone updating the REXML website by the way? I believe it would be
>>  interesting to see exactly these kind of speed issues handled on the
>>  website because if i am not mistaken, these questions and problems
>>  continually pop-up with *XML
>
> Not sure whether I agree: IMHO in this case the problem is a
> misapplication of XML.  XML is good for persisting structured data but
> not as an in memory model for calculations.
>
> Kind regards
>
> robert

What is IMHO?; i'm a newbie in ruby and at first i was searching
something similary with C++ tree structure (beacause that i would use if
is was C) but i want in ruby and i was searching some gem to help me
because i have to learn more about ruby language to build my own ruby
class to work with.
I've tried xml beacuse it was the best (!?)  i found in ruby for
implementing a tree structure (not only a binary tree), but it is slowly
when i want to read a big structure.