On Dec 25, 2007, at 6:36 PM, daniel åkerud wrote: > I couldn't find a mailinglist for the Qt4 Ruby bindings, so I try > here. It > seems the Qt4 Ruby bindings lack Qt::Thread. So how do I create a > Thread? Do > I use Ruby's build-in? I need a thread because I need to read from a > UNIX > domain socket (blocking), and pass the data to the GUI. Thanks for > any help! > > There's no Qt::Thread because Ruby lacks support for native threads (at least, for the moment), so it's not really feasible to implement. The most common workaround is to use a Qt::SocketNotifier to pipe data into the application over a socket so that your GUI isn't blocking while the data is coming in. Caleb