List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: ruby incredibly slow (update 2)
From:       "Giles Bowkett" <gilesb () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-11-23 22:16:16

> Honestly, John, I see no way that moving from Windows to Linux is a
> reasonable step for someone who is totally not a Linux user. I've
> programmed in almost every operating system and language and computer
> known to man ... but never Unix / Linux. It seems to me that the
> investment in learning how to operate a Linux system, and getting my
> home network and music software ... up on it ... wouldn't pay off.
>
> Might be "fun" ...

A thousand apologies for going there but the experience of migrating
to OS X from Windows is much cleaner, and gives you a way to get
started with Unix to boot, without the Linux learning curve. OS X -
the Unix gateway drug.

Sorry! Now back to your regularly-scheduled list. It sounds as if
whoever wrote the system cleaning software knew Windows better than we
do. (Which is pretty logical.) It would be cool if we knew what
happened, though, since it may come up again for another person.

--
Giles Bowkett

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.blogspot.com
Portfolio: http://www.gilesgoatboy.org