List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: ruby incredibly slow (update 2)
From:       Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-11-20 16:04:59

Update:

Rather than follow any of the radical solutions like new computers or
formatting my hard drive, I purchased and downloaded some system
cleaning tools from uniblue software.

Ran them and the Ruby tests now run //faster// than Chet's machine.
And for some reason, the total number of I/Os recorded has dropped
from 65,000 to 25,000.

Not a solution, since I don't know what the problem was. But as a FIX
goes, cheap and easy.

Thanks to all for the help and ideas. It kept me moving and some of
the tools I downloaded look like they'll be handy in the future.

Thanks again,

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com