List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Net::HTTP header issue
From:       "Keith Fahlgren" <keith () audiobeta ! com>
Date:       2007-11-15 20:45:19

On Nov 15, 2007 5:36 AM, Edward Liu <liu_edward@emc.com> wrote:
> I am trying to use custom headers, and I am having an issue with how
> Net::HTTP handles this.  Let's say I want to add the header "a-header"
> to the HTTP message I am sending to a server.  When I turn on a TCP
> monitor to check on the message, I notice that Net::HTTP changes
> "a-header" to "A-Header".  I would like to prevent Net::HTTP from
> changing the casing of my header

""""4.2 Message Headers

   HTTP header fields, which include general-header (section 4.5),
   request-header (section 5.3), response-header (section 6.2), and
   entity-header (section 7.1) fields, follow the same generic format as
   that given in Section 3.1 of RFC 822 [9]. Each header field consists
   of a name followed by a colon (":") and the field value. Field names
   ___________are case-insensitive_________."""

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt

HTH,
Keith