List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Debug
From:       "Phlip" <phlip2005 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-13 9:42:45

coolgeng coolgeng wrote:

> With the Rails, I build a  project connecting the MySQL. But When I change
> the password access in database. I can not access in the project. Then I
> check the database.yml file. And change the username and password. But it
> does not work.
> So ......
> I do not know how to resolve this problem?

Can't see your code, so here's some generic tips:

Log into mysql the same way Rails would:

   mysql -u my_name -pmy_password my_database

Next, if MySQL is on the same 'localhost' as your site, log in as root:

   mysql -u root my_database

If that works, just use root, with no password, in the YML file.

Next, write unit tests, and direct them to another database in the same
server. Unit tests are how Rails projects "debug" their features.

Next, read the files in your log/ folder to see if any error messages
arrived there.

--
  Phlip
  http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510657/