List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: GUI With Ruby
From:       Chad Perrin <perrin () apotheon ! com>
Date:       2007-03-13 22:09:09

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 05:10:24AM +0900, Robert Dober wrote:
> On 3/13/07, Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com> wrote:
> >
> >I don't see that justification holding up for enforced source code
> >distribution.
> Please do not insist that it is enforced it is your choice to use the
> licence or not.
> Continue the good work of pointing the restrictions of the GPL out,
> but I feel that you are unjust on this little point, forgive me my
> bluntness.

Source code distribution is enforced any time you choose to distribute
binaries, with certain edge-case exceptions.  I chose to refer to it
with a succinct term, rather than explain the whole of the matter by
passing around a paragraph like a closure in my discussion of the
matter.  Please make an effort to understand my intended meaning when
reading my words.

> Since you started analyzing my statements somewhat, I
> >figured I'd offer you some more information on the thought behind them.
>
> You are right that is one of my many bad habits, I can see that now.

I didn't mean to give you the impression that I disapproved.  Feel free
to question, or draw conclusions from, my statements -- just don't be
surprised if you make an assumption and I correct it.  No biggie.

"There comes a time in the history of any project when it becomes necessary
to shoot the engineers and begin production." - MacUser, November 1990