List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: QTRuby + QT4 + Win32
From:       "richard.j.dale () gmail ! com" <richard ! j ! dale () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-13 12:45:06

On Mar 12, 10:35 am, Caleb Tennis <c...@aei-tech.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone managed to compile QTRuby QT4
> > for Windows ? (Open Source edition)
>
> If you can get the build system installed on Windows, I can probably
> help with the rest of the steps.  I tried installing the build system
> via the steps here (at least, the first 8 or so):
>
> http://kdelibs.com/wiki/index.php/
> Building_KDElibs_4_using_GCC_and_MinGW_with_Qt_4.2
>
> But installing the GnuWin32 didn't work for me and I gave up.
>
> Maybe I'll add some instructions for how I build qtruby qt4 to the
> KDE techbase.  I think that will apply here as well
>
> Caleb
You shouldn't need to build kdelibs in order to build Qt4 QtRuby
though. Is that what you did to build it on Mac OS X? I changed to top
level CMakeLists.txt in kdebindings to not have any kde dependencies,
and I would expect it to work for Windows:

project(kdebindings)

# where to look first for cmake modules, before ${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/
is checked
set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake/modules )

# search packages used by KDE
FIND_PACKAGE (Qt4 REQUIRED)

add_definitions (${QT_DEFINITIONS}  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H=1)
include_directories (${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR} ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR} $
{QT_INCLUDES} )

FIND_PACKAGE (RUBY REQUIRED)
FIND_PACKAGE (OpenGL REQUIRED)

add_subdirectory(smoke)

if(RUBY_EXECUTABLE)
   add_subdirectory( qtruby )
endif(RUBY_EXECUTABLE)

Then we need to make the CMakeLists.txts underneath work for both KDE
and Qt only builds, and I think they do.

-- Richard