Thanks for your efforts, Richard. I'll keep trying and will report back if I manage to succeed. On 12/03/07, richard.j.dale@gmail.com wrote: > On Mar 12, 1:56 am, "Uma Geller" wrote: > > I would like to use the fantastic QT4 for Win32 > > using the Qtruby bindings. > > > > Even though I made some progress, reading from > > Richard Dale's blog, the effort didn't pay out. > > > > The guidelines were a bit too fuzzy, plus the > > GNU build environment is constantly at odds > > with the Windows way. Using 3 different shells, > > perl, and dealing with autotools is a pain. > > It shouldn't be this difficult. > > > > Has anyone managed to compile QTRuby QT4 > > for Windows ? (Open Source edition) > > > > I don't expect you to throw me a binary package > > with the thing compiled, but a good detailed > > list of tools and dependencies required, and a > > step by step guide would greatly help. > > > > best, > > UG > > --- > > Uma Gellerhttp://umageller.wordpress.com > We've recently got Qt4 QtRuby building with cmake on both Linux and > Mac OS X, which is a giant step forward. In theory it should be just > as easy to build on Windows now, but as none of the developers (ie > Caleb Tennnis or myself) are particularly Windows oriented we haven't > had time to try it yet. The next release will be quite soon and use > cmake and so I'm really hoping that normal humans will finally be able > to easily build QtRuby in all enviroments without having to deal with > 'autohell'. > > -- Richard > > > -- best, UG --- Uma Geller http://umageller.wordpress.com