List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Qtruby and Qwt
From:       "richard.j.dale () gmail ! com" <richard ! j ! dale () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-19 11:20:08

Fredrik J wrote:
> richard.j.dale@gmail.com wrote:
> > No, it does work with Qt3 QtRuby too. I had some problems with parsing
> > Qt properties in the Qt4 version of Qwt, but I did get that one working
> > in the end. For both Qt3 and Qt4, you need to install the Qwt headers
> > into the same include directory as the Qt ones, and configure QtRuby
> > with '--enable-qwt=yes' to build with the qwt libs.
> >
> > -- Richard
>
> Are you sure about that? In qtruby-1.0.13 I configure with this:
> ./configure --with-smoke="qt" --with-qt-dir=/usr/local/qt
> --enable-qwt=yes --prefix=/usr
> but I cannot see that configure is doing anything about that. Anyway, I
> complete the installation and try
> $ irb
> > require 'Qwt'
> LoadError: no such file to load -- Qwt
> and I guess that means it was not installed?
Ah bother, Caleb was right - it looks like I never did a Qt3 version. I
remembered getting Qwt to work twice and the second one being a bit
more work. I was thinking of Qwt 4.x vs Qwt 5.x though, and I've only
ever got them working with the Qt4 version of QtRuby. Sorry about
wasting your time on that. But I don't  think it would be too hard to
get Qwt working for Qt3 QtRuby though all  the same.

-- Richard