List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Ruby GUI with IDE
From:       David Vallner <david () vallner ! net>
Date:       2006-11-11 19:37:18

AliasX Neo wrote:
> M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>> This should be a FAQ. :) There are quite a few -- my favorite (on Linux)
>> is Kommander/Korundum/QTRuby.
>>

>> --
>>
>> --
>> M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, FBG, AB, PTA, MS, MNLP, NST, ACMC(P)
>> http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/
>>
>> If God had meant for carrots to be eaten cooked, He would have given
>> rabbits fire.
>
> I'm running Windows, any good ones for that?

The short answer: no.

The long answer:

If you manage to port qtruby4 to Windows, you get QtDesigner (overall
Qt4 seems to be designed to have the GUI layout created in that,
decoupling the UI design and behaviour implementations.) Things like
rubyuic should work the same on all platforms.

Another hope is the wx rewrite getting into a stable state, and wxGlade
supporting emitting of Ruby code. This is however just speculation.

Personally, if you need to do this sort of GUI development on Windows,
Ruby is so far rough around the edges.

David Vallner