List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Ruby GUI with IDE
From:       "Josh Mr." <kamipride102 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-11 18:30:09

Hello all,

I am currently looking for a good easy to use IDE that includes GUI
development as well. Something like how C++ has DevC++ that suppots
wxWidgets and allows you to code and create frames at the same time. I
want something like this for Ruby. I have found VisualWx which supports
Ruby but I could not seem to get it to work at all. Right now I'm having
to develop my frame using Farpy (http://farpy.holev.com/), export it,
and then add any additional code in another IDE. This slows down the
process by a lot because any changes I make to the GUI forces me to
export it again and manually make the changes to my original source.

So, my question is what's a good GUI toolkit that has a really nice IDE
that supports Ruby?

Cheers,
~ Josh