List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: is GUI a weak point?
From:       "Carl Woodward" <cjwoodward () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-06 10:04:07

Not sure if anyone saw this today on slashdot:

OSDL to Bridge GNOME and KDE

"Open Source Development Labs is previewing work that will attempt to
make life easier for software companies by bridging GNOME and KDE. The
effort, called Portland Project, began showing its first software
tools on in conjunction with this week's LinuxWorld Conference & Expo.
Using them, a software company can write a single software package
that works using either of the prevailing graphical interfaces.
Working with Freedesktop.org on unifying interface issues, they plan
to release a beta version of the software in May and version 1.0 in
June. Ultimately, advocates hope that it will be part of a larger but
separate effort called Linux Standard Base, which is designed to make
the operating system easier for software companies to use."

Does anyone think that this direction is relavent for ruby?

--
Carl Woodward
0412218979