List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: QtRuby install
From:       Caleb Tennis <caleb () aei-tech ! com>
Date:       2006-02-27 11:54:25

> So would I. On my Win32 platform I was looking to implement a Ruby
> application using Qt. I had to resort to using Ruby 1.6.8 with a
> binary
> distribution of Qt built for Win32. Of course it was the old Qt 2.3 NC
> since (as folks have pointed out) Qt didn't have a NC Win32 release
> for
> Qt 3.

I plan to play with it a bit this week, but it's unfamiliar territory
for me as all of my development during my professional career has
been on Linux/Unix and the Mac.  The links earlier in the thread
point to some progress that has been made on the Win32 side, and from
my understanding QtRuby works great with Qt4 on Windows with a little
massaging.  I'm just not sure if that has been incorporated into the
QtRuby code yet or not.

If anyone beats me to it and has patches or some walkthroughs on
making it work, I'd be grateful if you'd share

Caleb