List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: [ANN] Dissident 0.1, a Ruby dependency injection container
From:       Piergiuliano Bossi <p_bossi_AGAINST_SPAM () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2005-09-21 15:41:38

Piergiuliano Bossi wrote:
> Logan Capaldo wrote:
>
>> This is a little OT, but every-time dependency injection comes up I
>> go a googling, and I never seem to be able to wrap my head around an
>> explanation of what it is, and what the purpose is. Could someone
>> point me to a good explanation?
>>

> Check:
> *) http://martinfowler.com/bliki/InversionOfControl.html
> *) http://martinfowler.com/articles/injection.html
>
> The whole point is about lower coupling, higher cohesion, enhance
> independence, ease testing in isolation.
>
> Ciao
> Giuliano

Ehm, to be precise I'm not advocating the use of an IoC container; on
the other side, the principle of dependency injection is an important
tool to put in your box.

Giuliano

--
If you want to send me an email address should be 'p', then a dot,
followed by 'bossi' at 'quinary', another dot and 'com' at last