List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Any interest in a Ruby source code repository module modeled after DBI?
From:       "Alan Chen" <Digikata () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-08-08 20:06:09

Lothar Scholz wrote:
> I like the idea, even when i think it will be almost impossible to
> come with a good solution that gets all the VCS under one API as
> concepts are too different (it's much much more functionality in there
> then simple SQL).

If the OP wants a look at a mature interface for unifying VCS
interfaces, they might look at the operations supported in Emacs
vc-mode, which integrates a number of systems
(http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryVersionControl). My
feeling is that it supports the "traditional" VCS very well,
distributed systems a little less well, and full "lifecycle" style VCS
poorly.

Cheers,
- alan