List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Any interest in a Ruby source code repository module modeled after
From:       ChrisO <ceo () nospam ! on ! net>
Date:       2005-08-07 16:46:09

I posted this in the Perl c.l.p.misc and c.l.p.modules newsgroups, and
while it's a long shot I would be able to port this to Ruby if there
were any interest, I could certainly be tempted to do so since I have
more than a passing fancy for Ruby (just little time and opporunity to
use it).

But if no one in the Perl world wants this and the Ruby world is
receptive to it, maybe I would port this to Ruby.

It's a source code repository module modeled after Perl's DBI (from
which Ruby's DBI is modeled it seems).  It allows one to access source
code repositories (VSS, CVS, Subversion, PVCS, MKS, etc.) through a
consistent interface (think about it, databases add, modify, update and
delete records -- hence DBI; why not checkin, checkout, label, add, etc.
files in an underlying SCR in the same way?) and even allows one to
extend the behavior of any or all underlying SCRs in a consistent manner.

Details here:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.perl.misc/browse_frm/thread/a4b54460936b1fd2/c74f526490a8385f?tvc=1&hl=en#c74f526490a8385f

Let me know if there is any interest in the Ruby world for this.
Contact details in the URL above.

-ceo