List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Accessing SVN through Ruby
From:       Garrett Rooney <rooneg () electricjellyfish ! net>
Date:       2005-04-12 13:36:34

Eric Hodel wrote:

>> So... is there any way for me to access the subversion client library
>> without doing any SWIG magic, or at the very least, doing the SWIG
>> magic ahead of time and then including any necessary binaries for the
>> various platforms within a single gem?  And if I'm absolutely stuck
>> doing SWIG magic, can someone hold my hand and walk me through getting
>> that to work in Windows?  I've been trying to do this for almost a
>> week now, and I'm really no further than when I first started.
>

> Ruby SWIG wrappers for svn once existed, but bitrotted due to lack of
> maintenance...

That's incorrect.  Hand rolled ruby bindings for SVN once existed, but
bitrotted.  The SWIG bindings are new, and work just fine, it's just
that nobody has made them work on windows yet because, well, there are
fewer hackers working on windows and building SVN on windows isn't
overly easy.  Patches welcome.

-garrett