List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Respect and Disappointment [OT]
From:       Austin Ziegler <halostatue () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-31 20:54:29

On Mar 31, 2005 1:01 PM, Nikolai Weibull
<mailing-lists.ruby-talk@rawuncut.elitemail.org> wrote:
> * Austin Ziegler (Mar 31, 2005 19:30):
> > > OTOH, I get the commandline. Having a native ZSH, a simple to use
> > > package manager, and everything for free means that there's no
> > > reason for me to use Windows at all anymore. Windows just didn't
> > > work the way I needed, Linux does. I should say *nix does, because I
> > > also have an iBook which I love.
> > *shrug* That's where we differ. I use a Norton Commander clone (Total
> > Commander) in place of the command-line most of the time. I use the
> > command-line in Windows to great effect for many things, and I can
> > drop into Cygwin if I need to.
> Ah, a fellow total commander addict.  It's the one application I have
> installed on my Windows installation besides Warcraft 3,

I'm NOT an addict. I can give it up any time I ...

NO YOU WILL NOT DELETE IT FROM MY SYSTEM!

This one application makes me at least 20 times more productive in
Windows than I will be in bash. With its built in FTP support and
pluggable SFTP support (flaky, but...), it is the *single* application
that is *always* running on my system. Always.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca