List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: [ANN] Needle 1.0.0
Date:       2004-11-09 19:39:46

* Jason Voegele <jason@jvoegele.com> [Nov 09, 2004 20:31]:
> Regarding allowing the option of external configuration, I'd be very
> much in favor of providing that as an option.  Spring, a DI framework
> for Java (as I'm sure you know) allows for choosing between XML files,
> properties files, or Java code for configuring service objects.  I
> like this flexibility.  I think that external configuration is
> especially important if end users may be the ones doing the
> configuration.

Exactly why should a user be forced to mess around with configuration
files written in, for example, yaml?  I'm not against textual
configuration, I just don't think it's the users place to mess around
with files vital to the proper execution of an application to use it;
even if this is a feature mostly expolited by "expert users".
Configuration of this kind is best abstracted another level in my
opinion.
	nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::