List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Test::Unit speed
From:       Francis Hwang <sera () fhwang ! net>
Date:       2004-11-09 14:06:17

Okay, this is sort of embarrassing, but for some time now I've been
using the (deprecated) RubyUnit instead of Test::Unit. Since RubyConf
I've been using Test::Unit for newer projects, and I'm definitely happy
with all the various improvements.

But now I'm trying to switch over a pre-existing private project to
Test::Unit, and it seems to run a lot slower than RubyUnit. I've got
about 350 unit tests, which used to run in about a minute in RubyUnit.
But now when I try to run them in Test::Unit, they won't even complete.
Individual tests run fine, but everything seems like it's a lot slower.

Has anybody else encountered this problem? Any particular quirks or
workarounds I should be aware of? Thanks in advance.

F.