List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: [ANN] Needle 1.0.0
Date:       2004-11-08 17:08:28

* Jamis Buck <jgb3@email.byu.edu> [Nov 08, 2004 17:50]:
> >What is the relationship (if any) between Copland and Needle?  Is Needle
> >the successor to Copland?

> Copland, though functional, is pretty overengineered from a Ruby
> standpoint. I used a lot of Java-isms to implement it, and although Java
> requires that kind of complexity to accomplish dependency injection,
> Ruby does not.

Yeah.  When I saw Copland, I thought that it seemed a bit much to do
something as "simple" as that, but when Needle was announced I really
thought that it could be useful.  The simplicity of using Needle really
appeals to me.
	nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::