List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Need Help Selecting a GUI
From:       vincenzo.piombo () fastwebnet ! it
Date:       2004-05-21 11:11:13

Joao Pedrosa write:
>I am running a fresh built version of Ruby compiled
>with MinGW:
>C:\msys\1.0\home\ruby-gnome2\gtk\sample\gtk-demo>ruby
>-v
>ruby 1.8.2 (2004-05-19) [i386-mingw32]
>And a fresh built version of the latest Ruby-GNOME2
>CVS version, and the stability problems that I was
>having simply disappeared.
>You would do me a great favor if you tested it to see
>if at least part of the stability problems that you
>have been having are solved as well. And I extend this
>invitation to anyone that has been having some
>Ruby-GNOME2 stability problems on Windows.

I tested my prog against this new release and it is far more stable then
before, but still crashes after a while.

If it can help, it is basically an app that asks a server for some data
and completely refreshes a treeview when the answer from the server arrives.

something like
------------------------------
@model = Gtk::TreeStore.new(String, String)
Thread.new {