List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Fox --> GTK  ?
Date:       2004-04-26 5:51:21

Hello Hal,

Monday, April 26, 2004, 7:02:41 AM, you wrote:

HF> Laurent Sansonetti wrote:
>>>I'm thinking of just having real windows for them, but I hate losing the
>>>"containment" of the notes.
>>
>> What about a controlled single document interface (CSDI)?
>>
>> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/windows.html#csdi

HF> Thanks, Laurent, that's not too bad...

HF> But: Is there a way to hide all the windows at once?

Yes if you hide the owner window all owned windows (dialogs) are hidden.

HF> Is there a way
HF> to get rid of the +[]x  buttons on the upper right of each window?

Use the transient overwrite feature. But this removes all borders so
you have to draw the frame yourself. On windows it is possible to
disable the [x] button , but you need some sophisticated c code.

HF> Is there a way to "contain" these inside a larger window with a
HF> neutral background?

If you are reponsible for moving around the windows, then it is of
course possible. But with this i think that learning FOX more
intensive or using WxRuby might be better.

--
Best regards,