List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Fox --> GTK  ?
From:       Alexander Kellett <ruby-lists () lypanov ! net>
Date:       2004-04-21 13:17:18

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:09:07 +0900, Richard Dale
<Richard_Dale@tipitina.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> QtRuby includes a tool called 'rbuic' which allows you to sketch out UI's
> with Qt Designer, and then compile the .ui file produced into ruby. I
> would
> have thought something like Qt Designer or Glade are pretty essential for
> ruby RAD, otherwise it probably won't be much quicker than a 'normal'
> language.

actaully its still way faster. i hate gui tools. qt designer is just
awful and glade ain't that much better. i much prefer to just write
the code, and with ruby/qtruby the turn around time for having a
running program is *so* much lower than with c++/qt. therefore it
makes dialog design via code, more productive if anything :)

Alex