Lothar Scholz wrote: >Hello Hal, > > >Tuesday, April 20, 2004, 8:11:33 PM, you wrote: > >HF> I was discussing this with someone last night. A notebook is >HF> inappropriate because the underlying metaphor is a bunch of small notes >HF> on a bulletin board. > >Is this so different from a mailreader ? > >I like the 3-pane-view and tink that with a lot of notes it could be >easier to use. If you spend some time with keyboard handling i guess >that it is also much better to use even if it is not so nice. But >always move windows to see that i didn't miss something that is hidden >behind a window or so seems to be much harder then a typing a few >keystrokes. And if you want a open a second window to see two notes at >the same time, you could simply open a toplevel window as an owner >that only shows the specified message. > > this is my opinion too btw. I'm actually writing a program a bit like Hal's but with more a mailer interface, that i started before Hal announced Tycho; I sent him a screenshot when he first announced Tycho. But i'm very slow, doing it in my free time. It's getting somewhere though. emmanuel