List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: Fox --> GTK  ?
From:       Hal Fulton <hal9000 () hypermetrics ! com>
Date:       2004-04-20 17:53:27

Lothar Scholz wrote:
> Hello Hal,
>
> Tuesday, April 20, 2004, 10:20:33 AM, you wrote:
>
> HF> To be fair, I do find Fox rich and powerful, and it's probably just
> HF> my ignorance getting in the way. But I did reach the point where I
> HF> said: No more.
>
> Don't know if this helps you but maybe you want to look at my just
> released Arachno Ruby IDE, it allows you to debug FOX apps (in fact
> your Tycho) was one the first apps where i tested the debugger.
>
> And if you don't like this. Maybe you want have a look at FLTK. The
> included Ruby Distribution (1.8.1 based) comes with a ready to use FLTK
> extension.
>
> URL is:  http://www.ruby-ide.com
>
> By the way the IDE is written in FOX. So you can see that FOX is
> indeed rich and powerful, but i also saw that it didn't fit into my way of
> doing things (create, target system, shortcut keys etc.) so i spend the
> first months on writing an abstraction layer.

Thanks much, Lothar.

I will certainly look at this, but I will be very busy in the
next couple of days. Probably next week.

Debugging might not help -- my problem may be conceptual rather than
procedural, if you know what I mean.

I don't know anything about FLTK. Isn't it one of the lesser known
toolkits?

Thanks,
Hal